A sailing event that conforms with values and trademark
Every summer Lysekil Women’s Match attracts the leading women match racing sailors in the world, coming to the beautiful and picturesque Swedish west coast. From now on, Thun Tankers is joining Preem as main sponsor for this successful event:
– Of course we are delighted that Thun Tankers has chosen to be one of our main sponsors. Thanks to solid commercial partners we can continue the development of this event, to strengthen it even further in the eyes of competitors as well as of spectators, event project leader Anna Holmdahl White says.
– We are proud to be able to display and tell more about operations in Thun Tankers and Erik Thun AB, in conjunction with such an appreciated and well-arranged event for women sailors, says Joakim Lund, Chief Commercial Officer for Thun Tankers.
Thun Tankers’ parent company Erik Thun AB was founded in 1938 and has been in tanker shipping since 1952. This winter, when acquiring vessels previously jointly owned with Broström, Thun Tankers was founded. Introducing this new, and old, trademark to the market is now done with the sponsoring of Lysekil Women’s Match as an important component:
– Absolutely! This is an event with a lot of factors that remain close to our heart – the west coast of Sweden, the sea and sailing. And of course it is important to be engaged in a context with such successful women. Many puzzle pieces fall into place, Joakim Lund says, revealing that Lysekil Women’s Match also will be a part of the celebration of the 75th anniversary of Erik Thun AB.
– For this event and for the women sailing, Thun Tankers’ decision to be a part of Lysekil Women’s Match is very pleasing. We are really looking forward to a long-term cooperation, Anna Holmdahl White says, reminding about the fact that this year’s Lysekil Women’s Match also will be the final event of the inaugural Women’s International Match Racing Series:
– Together the good news point out a very positive future for women’s match racing and for Lysekil Women’s Match!
Lysekil Women’s Match is with a 300 000 SEK (50 000 USD) prize purse the largest yearly event for women match racing sailors, concerning the mix of spectators, publicity and prize money. In match racing the crews meet two by two in exciting duels that can easily be followed and understood by the spectators.
The world’s leading women match racing sailors participate in the eighth issue of Lysekil Women’s Match, August 5 – 10 2013, arranged by Sailnet Lysekil AB in cooperation with Lysekils SS Gullmar.
Lysekil Women’s Match is the final stage of the Women’s International Match Racing Series, with events in France, Korea, Denmark, USA and Sweden, and the overall Series prize purse of an additional 50 000 USD will be distributed in Lysekil.
Main sponsor for Lysekil Women’s Match is Preem and Thun Tankers, with the municipality of Lysekil as host city.
Images: A number of hi-res images are available for download on www.lysekilwomensmatch.se
More information about Lysekil Women’s Match:
Lysekil Women’s Match Project Leader Anna Holmdahl White, firstname.lastname@example.org, +46 73 068 42 92
Lysekil Women’s Match Press Officer Joakim Hermansson, email@example.com, +46 70 604 25 04
More information about Thun Tankers:
Chief Commercial Officer Joakim Lund
+46 31 61 60 80, +46 70 423 32 47